20110425

Let It Begin

Dear Academe readers,
If there are any! I really am not sure. But if there is anyone out there, I need your help.
I have decided that I need more creativity in my life so I have made a new goal for myself to create something once a week. It may be big or small, but I am going to force myself to make SOMETHING.
I know it may sound silly because why would I need motivation to do something that I love?
It's because I have a problem: I talk myself out of it because I feel like there are other things that I should be doing before doing this for myself OR I question the purpose and ask, "Why? So I want to make that, but then what do I do with it?", like I need some kind of validation before I even begin. See? Excuses. And I am sick of it. I have emotional needs to make messes again and ignore common sense.
So I'm going to do it.
I'm starting this week.
This is where you come in. I think a little feedback/accountability will do me good. So if you see something you like or think it should be a doorstop, comment and tell me. Then I'll remember that my promise to myself is public and I can't make another excuse.
Thanks. Here we go.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I think the paper mache hot air balloons turned out awesome! It is something that I have been wanting to do for myself that I too keep putting off! Way to go! Keep it up, it refreshes the soul to create beautiful things!